nonsensical text

Friday, November 10, 2006

pilfering


Yes, I am "borrowing" ideas from Mary yet again. This one is called "word beads," and the assignment is to string together five words into a sentence, paragraph, story, or poem - just like she did here. The words were as follows:
Steal, Ghetto, Myrtle, Unregulated, and Ligament. My humble attempt follows.

External Beauty

The trailing myrtle vines
of your tenuous control
over me
wind slowly

Designed to steal the rhythm
of my heart
and leave nothing
but unregulated pulsing

My injured soul is left
a ghetto
where hope and protection
are but a myth

The ligament binding us
knows nothing of truth
or love
only manipulation.

5 Comments:

  • Excellente! Really, that is so good, t. You should be proud of yourself.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:03 AM  

  • Thank you. I actually was kinda proud of this one! LOL

    I don't do "proud of myself" very well as a rule.

    -me

    By Blogger atypical, at 11:26 AM  

  • Wow! Very nice. Where are you going to publish this??

    By Blogger Terri B., at 5:24 PM  

  • wow, that was really good. just beautiful. your writing inspires me.

    By Blogger jouettelove, at 11:46 PM  

  • Terri and Jouette, thank you so much. You have no idea how wonderful two wows are to the tender ego. :)

    As to publishing...I am such a coward. I don't take rejection well. The one time I did submit things somewhere, I got the very encouraging, "We have no use for these at present but PLEASE submit other pieces in the future" type message. Of course, I didn't.

    Okay, that's not true, I have a few poems in the National Library of Poetry books (or whatever they are called), but I was one of those, "no I am not going to buy the book which is the whole reason you publish people" people, so if I want to see evidence of them, I have to remember the names of the anthologies and look them up on the web.

    Man, this comment turned into a whole post.

    -t (the yellow-bellied)

    By Blogger atypical, at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home