nonsensical text

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

easing the hecticity

Like my new word? I made it up just for you.

By some strange alignment of good fortunes, N doesn't have to work today, and there is a pretty good chance of thunderstorms this evening (translated: possibility of no football). So here it is 8:30 AM, and everyone but me is still in bed. Do I feel guilty for letting the older ones sleep in and start school late on the second day? You bet. Is it worth it? Yes. Introverts need their solitude from time to time.

There are a million things I could be doing with my unexpected free time. Housework and school preperation come to mind most readily. Of course, if I actually did those things, I might tarnish my near perfect reputation for procrastination. We couldn't have that, could we?

So instead, I sit and type to myself knowing full well that at any moment the dynamics of the atmosphere will go through a severe change as little ones wander from above and begin their supplications. In these quiet moments, I remember anew how grateful I am for each and every one of them. I find the strength to carry me through the bickering and battles to come.

For this moment of peace, I am thankful.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hecticity? Sounds like a song by the Police, Synchronicity. I can hear it now!

    I'm glad you took the time to enjoy your opportunity for introvertedness.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home