nonsensical text

Friday, September 22, 2006

blumberdee flibble

Today, I received a copy of a medical referral in the mail. There was no note attached to let me know whether they have contacted the rheumatologist to get an appointment, or whether I must do that on my own. It is certainly sounding like I have to work myself up to make at least one phone call tomorrow. I did read the referral, though, and it says that the reason for referral is Left ankle synovitis, labs negative.

Synovitis is the medical term for inflammation of a synovial membrane, which line those joints which possess cavities, namely synovial joints. The condition is usually painful, particularly when the joint is moved. The joint usually swells due to fluid collection.
Synovitis is a risk in several forms of
arthritis as well as lupus, gout, and other conditions. Synovitis is one part of distinguishing rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis, although it can be found mildly in Osteoarthritis. Long term occurrence of synovitis can result in degeneration of the joint.
Symptoms of synovitis can be treated by a doctor with
anti-inflammatory drugs including such as NSAIDs. Specific treatment depends on determining the cause of the synovitis.

courtesy wikipedia

Okay, I learned a new word.

Today was the second football game for J and T. It is actually the third, but we were away on vacation for the first. Thankfully it was a much better game than Tuesday's which was rougher than any 5-7 year old game has a right to be. As I was trying to rush the kids toward struggling into their uniforms, I took a look at T, and realized he wasn't looking entirely present. I decided to take his temperature. 103.3 in the ear. It took me this long to notice? Bad mommy. Needless to say, he stayed home.

After the game, J told me that his teammates were glad that T was not there this evening. They said it was his fault we lost Tuesday. The child wasn't even in for half the game. Not only that, but the entire opposing team was regularly pushing through our offensive line, and knocking the quarterback over as their whole team piled on top of him and anyone else they could reach (and continued to pile after the whistle). When T was in the game, the other team's coach seemed to think it was the most logical choice to put him up against their biggest player who had to weigh at least twice as much as him (even when the score was something like 42 to 0). On one occasion, T got knocked over so hard, he ran off the field crying (he was okay).

I guess this wouldn't bother me so much if J had stuck up for his brother. He didn't. He thought it was funny they were blaming T. I gave him the, "Was any player on your team able to block the other team? Would it have been possible for any one player to block that entire team from breaking through? You need to stick up for members of your family when people speak negatively about them," speech. It didn't make me feel any better. The mama tiger in me wants to come out and play.

I need to sleep with the phone tonight. I need to do so in the living room. T might wake up from fever, and the LR is closer to him than my bedroom is. Also, my mom had a colonoscopy today, and she was running a fever this evening. I am pretty sure the fever is from a virus, as she was feeling like she was getting the flu yesterday. Even so, if she gets any worse, she will need to go to the ER. My sis went with her today, so I let her know I was on duty tonight. This is rather a bad thing, because my stomach has been hinting at me all day that I am not doing so well myself. I am hoping it is just some random, passing almost-sickness, and I will be fine in the morning.

Disjointed. That's me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home