nonsensical text

Thursday, September 21, 2006

would you like fries with that?

I love comments. They are such warm, fuzzy things. There's only one problem - my finely tuned guiltometer and my desire for personal connectedness.

Tangent warning: it comes to my attention that I bring shame to my past math teachers regularly in this blog. For not the first time, I have shown my inability to count. I just listed two things didn't I? Perhaps that is my cue to stop blogging and go to bed. I'm not about to listen to it, though...

Anyway, back to my point. I have this little problem that I want to respond to every comment anyone makes on here. This simply isn't feasible. That fact drives me nuts. I don't want anyone to feel like I am not paying attention to them, because I am. Is non-response a forgivable sin? :)

I think I shall prepare a standard catch-all response here and now. This might be a bit difficult since I am just odd enough that a wide variety of subjects could potentially be discussed. Oh the heck with it, I'll try anyway.

Dear commenters,

Thank you so much for your response. I absolutely adore you. It is so kind of you to wish me well in my quest to identify and type my mold spores. I am truly glad you enjoyed that movie as well. It is good to know I am not the only one who has had to clean kool-aid powder from between the folds of a stuffed frog's toes.

I agree wholeheartedly that peanut butter and baby oatmeal make a wonderful emergency spackle. My moles did that too. The image of the guinea pig stuck in the sleeve of your daughter's winter coat was priceless.

I too enjoy a quiet moment away from it all. Thank you for the web addy to the wholesale duct tape barn. I really appreciate the suggestions for getting the permanent marker off the mini-blinds. For all of your care and attention, I am grateful.

-me

I know I missed so many possible points, but I am actually very tired. I suppose I must give in to the demands of my aging frame and cart myself off to bed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • You need to put that in your sidebar. You can update it as necessary. (Actually, I have considered putting some sort of commenting policy on mine. This might be just the inspiration I need.)

    Now, to my next point. Please don't ever feel an obligation from my part. I'm happy to hear from you when it is convenient. I, personally, do not homeschool my kids, do not have a job and use my sleep apnea as an excuse to sit on my patootie all day monitoring blogs! I'm also quite the talker and tend to comment ad nauseum.

    Just keep writing!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:09 AM  

  • LOL, the problem is, I so badly want to write back every time you comment! I need someone to stand over me and make sure I do the things I am supposed to do before doing the ones I want to do. :)

    Nah, it's more fun to let myself play from time to time. Maybe I will put "author will comment when at all possible. Rest assured that if she does not respond to your comments, she is turning them over in her head for the entire day - entertaining secret smiles from your attention."

    You know, I really do think my comments are in danger of becoming longer than my posts sometimes. I like having "commentversations" with you!

    By Blogger atypical, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home