nonsensical text

Thursday, August 17, 2006

time for a psa (public service announcement)

I woke up this morning thinking about my cousin's daughter. She has cystic fibrosis. Although I have heard of the disease my whole life, I have been surprised by how many people haven't. Basically, it affects the mucus membranes in such a way that the lungs and digestive system are both seriously hindered. More info: http://www.cff.org/home/

My niece (I know she isn't really my niece, but my first cousin once removed takes a lot more typing and speaking) has been doing pretty well for the last year or so. I know the median life expectancy has increased a lot in recent history thanks in part to lung transplants. Still, living into your late thirties just isn't long enough. So, if you see a "Bowl for Breath," a "Walk for Air," or any other event to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, think about it before just walking by.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home