nonsensical text

Thursday, August 10, 2006

m-i-s-s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g....misspelling

I knew how to spell once. Really. I was never spelling bee worthy, but I could get by. My question is this: What is it about birthing children which makes little pieces of functioning brain tissue fall out of your head never to return?

I avoid words now, words that I suddenly no longer know how to spell. This can be quite irritating, as those words are sometimes as simple as "their" and "eat." I sat for twenty minutes last night looking at a word. I typed it. it didn't look right. I looked it up on trusty dictionary.com. It was right, but still didn't look that way. So, I continued to stare.

You know, the longer you stare at a word that doesn't look right, the stranger it looks? It's kind of like the reflex to start feeling around on your head the second someone says, "tick."

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Hello, how are you? Great blog you have. Keep it up!

    Take a look at my blog. It’s about the Lemon Law that really is very interesting for lots of people. If you’re not interested in the Lemon Law check out the links at my blog, for example Africa Photos or Paris Photos:

    Lemon Law Free Advice

    If you like one of these blogs you can link to them by clicking “blog this” at the top of the blog.

    Enjoy!

    By Blogger Pat, at 11:02 AM  

  • its so true, you simply can not stare at a word or it will look funky. and i totally agree, you definitely lose brain cells through the birth canal ;)

    By Blogger jouette, at 11:18 PM  

  • exactly how long have you been hiding here??

    love you.
    nik

    By Blogger spidermama, at 12:10 AM  

  • Hey Nik, I had to do SOMETHING while you were gone! LOL

    -me

    P.S. I'll give you a hint. The posts are dated ;)

    By Blogger atypical, at 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home