nonsensical text

Thursday, August 10, 2006

m-i-s-s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g....misspelling

I knew how to spell once. Really. I was never spelling bee worthy, but I could get by. My question is this: What is it about birthing children which makes little pieces of functioning brain tissue fall out of your head never to return?

I avoid words now, words that I suddenly no longer know how to spell. This can be quite irritating, as those words are sometimes as simple as "their" and "eat." I sat for twenty minutes last night looking at a word. I typed it. it didn't look right. I looked it up on trusty dictionary.com. It was right, but still didn't look that way. So, I continued to stare.

You know, the longer you stare at a word that doesn't look right, the stranger it looks? It's kind of like the reflex to start feeling around on your head the second someone says, "tick."

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • its so true, you simply can not stare at a word or it will look funky. and i totally agree, you definitely lose brain cells through the birth canal ;)

    By Blogger jouettelove, at 11:18 PM  

  • exactly how long have you been hiding here??

    love you.
    nik

    By Blogger spidermama, at 12:10 AM  

  • Hey Nik, I had to do SOMETHING while you were gone! LOL

    -me

    P.S. I'll give you a hint. The posts are dated ;)

    By Blogger atypical, at 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home