nonsensical text

Sunday, August 13, 2006

outside looking in

Some time before my body completely gave out on me, I was breaking apart vines with abandon. It is a bit of an adventure pulling up old vines. You never quite know what you will find under them. Fearing furry things and broken glass, my discoveries confined themselves to the much tamer categories of trash and old wood.

Of the latter, I was thankful for age. In this case, it made the rending into garbage bag worthy pieces that much simpler. I did feel that way, at least, until the last piece. Upon breaking that open, ants flew everywhere. These particular ants were invaders, as was I. For, standing in the center of the break, was an extremely attitudinal termite. Being the astute judge of termite body language that I am, I immediately perceived 'the look.'

Basically, he was saying to me, "What are you doing here?"

Which is about the time I decided to vacuum the pool.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home