nonsensical text

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

will i ever learn?

How incredibly naive I can be. When I saw J playing with his new build-a-bear koala complete with baseball uniform, why oh why did I make a suggestion? Suggestions go astray so easily. It seemed harmless enough, "Maybe the next time the paper towel roll is empty, you can use it to make him a baseball bat."

You can see it coming already.

J: "Mom, when I went in the kitchen, there was a puddle of water on the floor. I didn't see it so I slipped. I went round and round and then fell down. When I got back up, I could see it, so I cleaned it up, but there are no more paper towels."

Me: "That was almost a new roll of towels on there!"

J: "It was a really big puddle."

And to think, I was just sitting here ready to post about the advent of new technologies and my normal gratitude for the increased absorbancy of disposable diapers and pull-ups. I say normally because at this moment, there is a nice little pile of non-sweepable gel granules in my upstairs hallway (what happens when corner of door repeatedly meets discarded sodden pull-up device). I really do need to hire someone to come do some potty training around here, then I can use those leftover pull-ups for more important things - like cleaning up really big puddles.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home