nonsensical text

Monday, October 02, 2006

my yeast is outdated

Can't get the image to post, but I am sleeping with bread - or sleepwalking with bread as the case may be.

For more about Sleeping with Bread go here.

It’s still Monday. Making it under the wire is my specialty.

And as I stare at the empty page, it is easy answer the question, “When did I feel the least creative?” That would be right about now. There have been so many thoughts and ideas spinning through my head of late, and yet I just don’t seem to be able to get up the energy right now to tap into them. My day has been one that was marked strongly with lack of creativity and originality. I even almost gave in to the temptation of a , “Just do your work!” kind of school day. I know there are creative ideas inside me capable of dealing with this blog, schooling, and every aspect of my day, but I don’t have the drive to apply the energy necessary to implement that creativity. I have even used the word creative, in its many forms, far too often in this paragraph. I am sick of the sound of my voice and the sight of my type. And yet, I am not in a bad mood, just far more blah than I have any right to be with all of the blessings given to me.

“When did I feel the most creative this week?” Now that one is much harder to answer. Tapping into my passion and embracing the spirit of creativity has been hard for me. I must then lean on the advice of Northern Ireland (or at least my friend’s mother who represents NI quite well), and search for the silver lining. It may be the slightest glimmer of silver on the farthest flung cloud in the sky, but I have exerted my artistic nature this week. I have touched the piece of me which spawns newness – the part which allows me to be branded with the tag, “Created in God’s own image.” I felt the most creative, I suppose, when playing the silly game I made up to help the little ones learn the phonetic pronunciation of their short vowel sounds.

Ahhhhh – it’s a monster!

Ehhh - I don’t care!

Ih – that rutabaga tasted funny…

You get the idea.

Not much of a silver lining, but if you have a good magnifying glass, you just might catch a glimpse of it – unless of course my kids have buried it under Tostito crumbs along with everything else around here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At least you posted ;)

    By Blogger Heather, at 1:37 AM  

  • Thanks for doing SWB again! I love it and I love when others do it. I just bought a book by the same authors called Making Heart Bread. It explains the examen to children. I'm so excited to do it with Marley. We've always done a version of it but I really like how this one explains it.

    P.S. I really love your title. Too funny!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home