nonsensical text

Sunday, October 08, 2006

metallurgy

I never paint my nails - far too much hassle for something I am going to chip within five minutes. You might ask why, then, I actually had painted toenails last night - ones which had been painted long enough for me to forget about them. I wouldn't have a very good answer for you. The few times a year that I succumb to anything approaching feminine beautification rituals, I usually have no cause. Shimmery rose polish on the toes, the very toes inserted in an MRI. I am sure the actual metal content in shimmery polishes must be relatively low. Still, one particular frequency of the MRI can make those shimmery toes quiver in the anticipation of rising upward in search of magnetic connection.

Yes, my friends, the MRI is over. The medication has begun, but I am not really going to know whether it is working, because my ankle decided to stop swelling so much again yesterday. There is fluid or swelling of some sort further up my leg, but most of the liquid seems to have decided to avoid the scope of the MRI scan. I blame myself for this. I decided wearing sandals when it was only 50 degrees outside was a bit too much for me. I wore socks. Socks cause fluid to rise above elastic. Ah well, I can't ruin my perfect track record with health issues. All things physically detrimental must go into hiding whenever I seek medical care.

Other than that, nothing much is going on around here. Football was postponed until tomorrow due to rain. Though it was my only free day, I accomplished little around the house. I am stuck in a psychological rut which I hope to fill tomorrow. I want to write something interesting, but don't have the time or the energy (dh has been on the computer all day and needs it back again).

Until next time, then....

2 Comments:

  • I keep thinking about this sock thing. Did they warn you about this? It seems like they would tell a person that socks could mess up an ankle scan. I hope the meds work out.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:33 PM  

  • No one said anything, but I had noticed the sock thing before. In fact, I meant to take my shoes off when I first got to the radiologist so it would have time to re-fluidify (gotta love my vocabulary), but of course, I forgot. It is almost as though I am subconsciously trying to avoid actually having issues when I go to the doc. LOL

    I'll update whenever I get news, but I don't expect it to be soon(the doc is only in that office on Thursdays, and then I will have to deal with the phone calling issue again).

    So far the meds are just preventing me from taking ibuprofen for my headache and toothache remnants - dentist today.

    Thanks for the thoughts!

    -me

    By Blogger atypical, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home