nonsensical text

Friday, October 20, 2006

a sticky situation

When I was younger and had three children, I was ever vigilant. I learned by harsh experience that I couldn’t go to the bathroom, sleep, do laundry….blink. These little people, they have a way of finding exactly what they shouldn’t do, and doing it. Over the years, I have become more relaxed. With time, the oldest three have gotten big enough to share the responsibility of disaster management. There is almost always someone near at hand to notice any unconventional activity. I’ve gotten soft.

I should know better. Logistically speaking, there are times when every person over the age of ten in this household is blinking at the same time. There are those moments when everyone thinks someone else is on guard duty. Years ago, it was not uncommon to enter a room to find the words, “Are you sure you want to delete the contents of your C drive?” plastered across the computer screen. Age brings forgetfulness – and perhaps a touch of stupidity.

I mean, who in their right mind buys glue sticks in bulk anyway?

Yes, while the pink one was busy at work on her sidewalk chalk wall mural, the T-monster deployed stealth mode. I just have one question. Does anyone have any suggestions for removing glue from every key of the keyboard, the desk, and that wonderful phone cord which was the topic of a previous post?

Should you wish to respond, I’ll be hiding in the bathroom. Remember to use the secret knock.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home