nonsensical text

Thursday, March 29, 2007

ego strokes


So, the pink one is still ill, but she started acting human again around four this afternoon. Sitting on my lap this evening, the following conversation took place:

Pink: Mom, you girl wike me?

Me: Yes, I'm a girl like you.

Pink: You buttercup like me too!


You see, her father calls her buttercup from time to time.

Time passed, and I was off doing laundry. The hubster called me into the room to update me on the continuation of this conversation.

Dad: Are you my little buttercup?

Pink: No!

Dad: You're not my little buttercup?

Pink: No! Mom's you buttercup first, then me buttercup!


The man says, "See she's got the pecking order straight." We will here let our ego inflate ignoring the fact that he did follow up with, "Even if it doesn't seem that way most of the time."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • LOL Well, at least it inflated for a nano-second before it deflated lika some half blown up balloon?

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mel, at 7:27 AM  

  • At least I didn't have to try to re-inflate that balloon while it was covered in slimy little kid spittle (like I so often have to do with the less figurative ones).

    :)

    By Blogger atypical, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home