nonsensical text

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

analyzing the written word





Since I have been missing in action for some time, it is only fitting that I re-emerge with all of the seriousness and hefty content typical to my nature, right?




So, Saturday I had to go to a wedding shower followed by a funeral (while lamenting the fact that I was missing out on hours of birthday party prep time). I stopped at a grocery store between the two places in order to get a drink. Upon getting back to my vehicle, I discovered the presence of an advertising flier beneath my windshield wiper.

"Tomorrow's Future Learning Center"

Just a few things struck me as odd about this.

Considering the only difference between "the future" and "tomorrow's future" is the rest of today, is it really worth spending the extra money on ink for the printer just to make that distinction?

Does this mean that this place will not be a learning center until tomorrow's future?

Is this a place in which you merely sit and wait until the future comes along, granting with it the premission for you to join the ranks of those who learn?

Is this a place where you only learn about tomorrow's future? And if so, how do they know what to put in the text books since the events needed to fill the pages of the tome have yet to occur?

I do have to give these guys credit for their drive and determination, though. I was only in the store for three minutes, after all. Maybe they put it on in yesterday's past and were just waiting for the invisibility spell to wear off.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Very funny! Tomorrow's future, indeed!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:36 PM  

  • *scratching head*

    Tomorrow's future is the day after, right?

    What IS the day after? Cuz if tomorrow IS the day after how is that gonna work?

    *scratching head*

    Oh the quandries in life!!

    By Blogger Mel, at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home