nonsensical text

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

me me me 1 - 2 - 3 and little white paw prints

So, even though Mary didn't tag me (see the crocodile tears?), I am going to grab hold of the 123 book meme too.

Directions:
1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.


I must tell you before I start that I (of the anal retentive nature) found these directions to be less clear than they could have been (The fifth sentence which is completely on the page? The three sentences following the fifth, or including the fifth, or the fifth AND the three following it? Now you understand why my husband should be lauded greatly for enduring me for so long).


1. found it

2. The Measure of a Man by Sidney Poitier

3. found it

4."But being Americans of the middle class or higher, the only black people they would have encountered were, for the most part, the servants in their home and at the studios - blacks who attended Miss Hepburn in whatever ways she required. And as for Mr. Tracy, he struck me as a very human guy who, if given the chance, would come down every time on the side of decency and fairness for all. Now, maybe I thought that in part because of the memorable role he played in Bad Day at Black Rock, in which he was wonderfully compassionate to a character played by a black actor named Juano Hernandez."

5. tagging Heather, the spider lady, and Jouette though none of them need feel compelled in the slightest to accept said tag.



Onward and downward:

Have you ever noticed that, even if you tightly close the bedroom door while painting a radiator cover that somehow the cat will sneak in and walk across its freshly painted surface as soon as your back is turned? Murphy's Law, however, hit a snag. The feline in question chose to dismount onto the dropcloth as opposed to leaving perfect white footprints across the newly laid floor.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • *chuckling*

    Cats are sneaky like that.
    Or are we just not as good at closing doors as we think we are?

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mel, at 9:56 PM  

  • Believe it or not, I have actually been going round and round with suppositions about his entry all day. At first it was quite simple - I blamed the youngest. LOL

    But, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I didn't close it completely when I left the room because I had paint on my hands. Still, he is a sneaky one. He will go outside under the dog's body when he knows you want to keep him in. Then you don't even realize he is out there until it is too late!

    By Blogger atypical, at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home