nonsensical text

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

the camera


So, the dear husband got me a new digital camera for Christmas, and I have yet to take even one picture. Isn't technology supposed to make things easier? I have pointed the thing a few times and hit the shutter button, but to no avail.

I tried reading the manual, but ADD and, "See page 11 for more details," don't go well together - especially since turning to page 11 leads to the suggestion to turn to page 34, and so on.

It sort of reminds me of the dictionary hunts I used to enjoy in my early teen years. Looking up one word would lead to a definition containing another word I didn't know. Before long I would be flipping from page to page. Eventually I would forget the original word I was looking up.

And just think, once I manage to take a picture, I get to battle uploading images. I used to know how to do such things. Is this what age does to the mind? Will I soon be to the stage where I have to get my children to set the clock on the DVR?

Well, I guess I will give the manual another shot. At the least, it might cure my insomnia!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • It did take me sitting down with the camera manual for a couple of hours for me to figure out what was what. It was worth it, though! Don't give up hope.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:00 AM  

  • What kind of camera is it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 AM  

  • *chuckling*

    I already have the girl programming the DVD player....

    THIS is, afterall, why I sent her to college!
    Well, that and solving all my 'putery problems....LOL

    By Blogger Mel, at 9:53 AM  

  • Mary, I have already sat with the manual for a bit, and even read the part about the particular issue I was having, but apparently I am reading it wrong. LOL

    Odd, it is a 6.2MP HP Photosmart R717. I really am considering letting the 16 year old figure it out and teach me how to use it.

    Mel, very funny! It's amazing, growing up, I was always the one who figured out all things technical. I like to tell myself that it's a sign of my great mothering skills that I have passed the responsibility on downward. ;)

    -t

    By Blogger atypical, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home