nonsensical text

Sunday, February 25, 2007

blind faith

Sitting in the dark, I am forced to rely on my instincts. I am a two-fingered typist. I am also lazy. My husband just woke up from his accidental slumber on the couch and headed off to bed. On his way there, he turned off the light to the room I am sitting in – force of habit. The thing is, now I can’t see the keys on the keyboard. I must know their location better than I believe I do.

Trusting my abilities doesn’t come so easily for me. I am very good at expecting the worst from myself – or at least some level of failure. I have been given gifts. God is quite generous in that respect. I guess it’s just a shame that I never seem to trust in them until I have no choice but to rely on them in the darkness.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Oh, but what a shining, brilliant message!

    One I needed to hear, no doubt.

    Thanks muchly!

    By Blogger Mel, at 9:36 PM  

  • A short post but it packs a punch and what a great metaphor.

    I hope you are doing well. I still feel a little disconnected from the blog'verse although I've been out there today merrily trying to catch up while watching Oscar stuff.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home