nonsensical text

Thursday, September 27, 2007

fuzzy logic

There is a cardboard box in my kitchen. It isn’t an empty cereal box or the packaging to ravioli or canned fruit purchased in bulk. It has no kitchen-like function.

On Monday, I received a few relatively small books by way of the U.S. Postal Service. Of course, they arrived in a box five times larger than needed – the extra space consumed by brown packaging paper. Well, I guess that’s better than Styrofoam peanuts.

The box sits on the floor of my small kitchen. It is empty except for two small “bouncy balls” and a piece of junk mail. The lid flaps are rather unwieldy and will not stay flattened because it is a sturdy box.

Tell me, please, why this box remains in my kitchen when I trip over it every single time I walk through the room.

Maybe I should blame it on the Harvest Moon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • That's as good a reason as any. Do you think it will work for my complete shambles of a house?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:58 AM  

  • I don't know, do you normally do that?

    That's my husband. He even gets to where he can ignore it utterly with his mind and eyes. meanwhile? I am slowly going CRAAAZZZEEE with his box-shoes-shirt-whatever sitting where it's not meant to be and either messing up the room or creating a hazard.

    Julie
    Using My Words

    By Blogger Julie Pippert, at 11:57 AM  

  • It's there for the same reason my Halloween spidery socks are in the middle of the livingroom floor.

    *scratching head*
    WHAT that reason is.....I have no clue......

    Harvest moon works for me!

    By Blogger Mel, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home