nonsensical text

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

still awake?

Yeah, yeah, I know I should be in bed. I am quite aware that I will regret my after midnight mania in the morning hours (especially since tomorrow is chock full of dental appointments, prescription filling, piano lessons...oh, and that school thing I am trying not to think about). But alas, I am wide awake. I will shortly bop myself in the head with a cast iron frying pan or attempt reading the most boring book I can find (by flashlight so as not to wake the hub). First, though, I might as well post something to this blog.

Tomorrow, after dragging my listless self from the bed, I will wander off to the basement to rewash (for the fourth consecutive day) a load of reekified laundry. I will attempt to call (for the third time) the pediatrician's office to schedule appointments for the spawn (but NOT between the hours of 11:30 and 1 when the phone lines are off for lunch - though, ironically these seem to be the only hours I am capable of calling). I will somehow try to pick up a prescription in the morning or after doing school but before leaving for the activities listed above.

I am writing all of this down on the blog because my lovely children steal post-it notes when I try to leave myself reminders that way.

I wonder, will I someday be going through a pile of discarded belongings after they have all gone off to their adult lives only to find several years' worth of post-its underneath a loose floor board?

Well, we'll probably be broke by then, so if I do, I'm sure they'll work well as wallpaper.....

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • That's quite a to-do list. Good luck with it all...all of it, not just the to-dos, but the wherewithal required to do them all, if that makes any sense (and I hope it does).

    By Blogger Julie Pippert, at 4:08 PM  

  • that was a late night, girl!
    lol at the post-it notes, i can totally relate. i'm sure they are in the same place as the lost socks.

    By Blogger jouettelove, at 5:55 PM  

  • (continuing where Jouette left off...)

    ... and lost phone messages from when your children answer the phone.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:37 PM  

  • You mean people actually LEAVE messages on the message machine?

    I'm hoping it's SOON that 'this too, shall pass'.

    *sending positive thoughts*

    By Blogger Mel, at 9:29 PM  

  • When we are all old and gray and find the stash of post-it notes, maybe we should paste them all together, quilt fashion, and publish them in a book. ;)

    And Julie - yeah, it makes sense.

    -t (realizing no one will likely read this response since she is so late in posting it)

    By Blogger atypical, at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home