nonsensical text

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

four


fade to pink

wasn’t it yesterday
that I enveloped you -
my blood-pulsing breath
enfolding you in a cocoon
of protection?

my soul holds you, still,
tenaciously,
but I can no longer contain you

you break free
in hair flung
butterfly ballet abandonment.


wasn’t it yesterday
that I marveled
as a second x chromosome
made you silence
the ranks
with your femininity?


you set up your throne
and proceeded to charm
your royal subjects
into willful servitude.

wasn’t it yesterday
that you teetered uncertainly
on upright legs
with Columbus-like spirit?


discovery voyages
launched you forward
into the era of
independence.

wasn’t it yesterday
that you were
merely
my baby girl?

-tle 2007


Happy birthday forever-baby. I love you.


Labels:

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home