nonsensical text

Saturday, December 23, 2006

oooooh shiny

Like a moth to a flame, like Gollum to his Precious, like dust bunnies to the underside of the bed, like squished pop tarts to the bottom of a passing shoe, this insomniac is drawn toward the pillow and tempted with the whisperings of sleep only when she HAS to stay awake.

We have a UPS on our computer. It betrayed me today. I spent at least half an hour before taking the boy to work organizing a detailed agenda for the next few days (in a desperate attempt to get myself on track). I commanded the thing to print immediately before leaving for the commute. I returned to discover a printer error. So, as I have done many times in the past, I restarted the printer. A fraction of a second before the print job was sent to the printer, the UPS suddenly decided to beep and power down the whole system.

I didn't save the document. I didn't see any need to keep it in my files; I just wanted it on my refrigerator. So, now I am flying blind without an agenda, and I am shocked to discover that I haven't the faintest idea what I told myself to do tomorrow.

Ah well, Christmas will come whether I accomplish my tasks or not. If worse comes to worst, we can always eat pop tarts for Christmas dinner - preferably not the squished ones.

2 Comments:

  • Well... Merry Christmas to you and yours, T! I hope your day is merry and bright.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:23 PM  

  • Why thank you! I must say that it was a pretty good day. I hoe you enjoyed your holiday as well.

    -t

    By Blogger atypical, at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home