nonsensical text

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

absentee bloggeting

So, where have I been? I actually managed to write about 3/4 of a Sleeping with Bread post yesterday, but never got it finished or published. I tried to read all of the blogs I have become accustomed to enjoying, but I fell asleep at the computer.

My mother's surgery is tomorrow, so I likely won't get the chance to post then. I will take the laptop to the hospital on the chance that I am able to write some during the long wait, but since I can't access their WIFI, I won't likely be able to read or post.

I'm sorry I have been so scarce around here (and around the comment sections of everyone else's blogs). Hopefully things will get less hectic soon (HA!).

Until then, I'll post one of my favorite poems I have ever written (which I may have posted before, but I am too tired to check). After all, what's better for the soul than a heap of self-glorification (please note the dripping sarcasm)?



Interwoven

Two trees stand together -
branches woven
like the intermingling fingers
on two ancient hands.
Side by side
for years uncounted,
gnarled now from storms,
children’s play,
the harshness of time.

They watch
as life hurries by;
the peace of a
darker than blue sky
enfolds them.
The fullness of the moon
casts the only
light
they need.

Together
they have seen
houses rise and fall,
roads appear,
crack,
fall to ruins...

Together
they sleep
until spring’s sweet song
awakens them
to the warmth
of each other’s
touch.


Copyright 1997 TLE

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I know what you mean about being so busy. Seems like many people I "talk" to lately are in the same spot and finding it difficult for various reasons to keep up.

    I love the poem you posted here. Very thoughtful.

    You asked about Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. I read this many years ago for a college lit class. I remember liking it and finding it to be eye opening (dealing with a culture I was unfamiliar with). I don't remember any details though!

    By Blogger Terri B., at 1:58 PM  

  • I agree with Terri about the poem. But then, you know I love your poems!

    I will pray that your mother's surgery goes well. My mom's is tomorrow or the day after, although it is a much less invasive one.

    We'll see you back here when you've got more time!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:44 PM  

  • Lovely...really lovely poem.

    And it gets hurried that way sometimes, but thanks for checking in. I wondered.

    Best wishes on your mother's surgery.

    I say read Things Fall Apart and then Purple Hibiscus. They are comparing the two authors but I say there isn't much in common besides country and good.

    By Blogger Julie Pippert, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home