nonsensical text

Friday, October 17, 2008

combined influences may be hazardous to your health

Last Sunday, the pink one came home from church with a Noah’s Ark associated craft and various flashcards with different animals on them. Earlier this week, she could be found curled up against her father watching the closing few minutes of Rocky Balboa. On the surface, these two things might not be related, but be warned. Your five year old, when exposed to these influences may begin asking multitudinous questions about death and cemeteries. She also might be inclined to make up interesting flashcard games. What begins as a simple flashcard memory game might turn into the following musical:

Setting: The pig card stands before the assembled animal council near the entrance to the ark.

Pig: I came back because you missed me, missed me.

Other animals (chanting): Missed me, missed me, missed me….

Pig: I was sad because my mommy died.

Other animals: She died, she died.

Pig: But now I have a new mom, and she’s cool, and she’s a robot…a robot.

Other animals: Robot pig, robot pig…


I am sorry to say I missed the closing scenes as it was at this point that I had to quickly excuse myself from the room.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • k.......woulda done it for me, too.....

    *hugshugshugs*

    By Blogger Mel, at 7:50 AM  

  • This is when having secret cameras stashed around the house would come in handy!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home