nonsensical text

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

collage

There are a bunch of couch cushions scattered randomly through at least three rooms of the house. Toys are strewn about haphazardly. Everything needs to be vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed or decontaminated. The “To Do” list would be a mile long if I could be bothered to make it. Through practice, I am getting better at looking around without seeing any of it.

Notebooks and textbooks balance precariously on the radiator cover. Whiteboard markers slowly lose moisture through the hairline gap which is the difference between full closure and…not. Two week old spelling words taunt from the sidelines, “Yo! Ya still remember how to spell us?”

An empty tissue box houses a naked Barbie and a Transformer. The ear thermometer takes up semi-permanent residence on the kitchen counter. The laundry and dishes are relatively contained at last.

In everything, give thanks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Oh, that made me smile. A perfect collage.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 AM  

  • Oh you!

    That's great.

    I don't know that my psyche allows me to give thanks for mess but I will always be grateful for the reason behind it. :)

    Julie
    Using My Words

    By Blogger Julie Pippert, at 9:34 AM  

  • Makes me wanna go 'undo' the tidiness I just made happen......

    Enjoy Thanksgiving Day!

    By Blogger Mel, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home