nonsensical text

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

short talk

A few quick quotes for the week (short a few since I am down two kids for the week):

The Pink One (during prayers): And God, help us get big and strong, and get a gun (after her oldest brothers came home with Nerf guns).

Spongebob(age 6): When I get older I am going to build a rocket and go to sleep while it flies to Jupiter. And I'll see Benjamin (cat who died over a year ago). Pause. That's where all of the dead cats live.

The Instigator (age 14): Me like meat.

The N boy (16): I had to do something with myself; playing computer games gives me a headache when I'm sick (after basket weaving a coaster and a placemat from the disposable tape measures they have at IKEA).

The Dad: I'm out of Iced Tea.

The Mom: I wish one of us had possessed a neatness gene to pass on to at least some of our kids.

Bonus:
A silly song the girl likes at bedtime:
Pink likes chocolate milk, chocolate milk, chocolate milk
Pink likes chocolate milk, yes she does.

This then has to be repeated for every member of the family.

In order to save time last night, I tried to get out of it by singing, "Everybody likes chocolate milk..." but as I was leaving the room, Spongebob called after me:

"Mom, you forgot about the part that says 'Everybody likes chocolate milk except for the lactose intolerant people. But if they try to drink it anyway, they die'."

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • LOL at the imagined bubbles over head mental image i just got.

    And YOURS!

    Oh I regularly wish my neatness gene was stronger than my husband's sloppy gene!

    Julie
    Ravin' Picture Maven

    By Blogger Julie Pippert, at 6:32 PM  

  • Ooh, good stuff! You need to ask Spongebob for me, where do all the dead dogs live? Marley will want to know.

    I'm with you on the neatness gene. Not a one of us has it. Well, Paul kind of has it but it is completely introverted and only applies to things of his.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:52 PM  

  • Julie - I will eventually have to find (and figure out how to use) my almost 1 year old digital camera that I haven't yet taken a picture with (I still use the old one, which I also cannot locate right now). Then I can submit them to you for photo-shopping. I do so like your word bubbles. :)

    Do you think your neatness gene might be contagious via the internet (fingers crossed)?

    ------

    Mary -

    In my long ago past I had an introverted ORGANIZED gene (but not so much on the neatness). Sometimes I have an extroverted neatness gene, but only on other people's houses for whom I care greatly (especially when they are sick).

    I had already asked Spongebob about the dead dogs, BTW. His response? "Pluto, silly! Duh!"

    By Blogger atypical, at 11:27 PM  

  • Duh, is right! How did I not know that before asking!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:58 AM  

  • They don't actually die, Spongebob. They just WANT to die.

    By Blogger Odd Mix, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home